The complete package for your special day
Our neighborhood near the Hill proves one of the most stylish, welcoming, and central destinations in which to hold a wedding in the nation’s capital, and at Kimpton George Hotel we’d be honored to make all of your guests our guests, too. Our convenient location can’t be beat, placing your guests near one of the city’s most useful transportation hubs ( Union Station, home to Metro, Amtrak, and MARC trains) and within easy walking distance of the U.S. Capitol Building and the National Mall, where you'll find many of the city’s most beautiful museums, galleries, monuments, and memorials.
We proudly partner with nearby premier wedding venues (including the outdoor patio at the Newseum, the historic ballroom in Union Station, and the soaring atrium of the National Building Museum ), while other nearby gathering spots include Capitol View at 400, Charlie Palmer Steak, and Union Market. (We can also connect you with AZ Limousine for effortless transportation around town.)
You and your guests will fall in love with our boutique, luxury setting that offers amenities from a daily hosted wine hour to our on-site restaurant Bistro Bis, helmed by James Beard Award-winning Chef Jeffrey Buben. Host all of your events under one roof (we’re talking rehearsal dinners and post-wedding brunches, too), and savor the delicious delights featured on our Bistro Bis catering menus:
- On the Private Dinner Menu, find delicious appetizers (smoked salmon, lobster bisque, petit crab cakes), entrees (filet mignon Diane, sea scallops Basquaise, lamb chop Provencale), and desserts (white chocolate and strawberry Bavarian, creme brulee, Bistro apple tart).
- A delectable Private Reception Menu features passed hors d’oeuvres (artichoke beignets, forest mushroom tarlets, vegetable spring rolls), hot displayed items (pepper-crusted New York strip loin, herb d’ Provence crusted rack of lamb) as well as tasting reception items both savory and sweet.
- From the Banquet Wine List, select French gems as well as varietals from other global destinations — like King Estate’s Pinot Gris from the Willamette Valley (Oregon) and Bodega La Flor’s Malbec from Mendoza (Argentina).
- Host plated or buffet Private Brunches that include choices from eggs benedict and quiche Florentine to cold poached Atlantic salmon and roasted chicken breast. Post-brunch sweet treats include miniature pastries, tarts, chocolate truffles, and fresh seasonal berries.
Pick Your Wedding Perks
For every 20 nights booked, choose one perk:
- $150 gift card to Bistro Bis
- Two in-room amenities valued at $150
- Complimentary room upgrade
- Discounted upgrade to a Presidential Suite
Meet the Chef
Host your rehearsal dinner or post-wedding brunch under the care of our James Beard Award-winning chef, Jeffrey Buben. Chef Buben’s vision of French bistro fare shines through his private dining menus shown above.
Looking to book your wedding room block or event at Kimpton George Hotel? Let the excitement begin! We’ve got you covered.
Email Reyna Narbay or call her at 1-202-661-2785.