Have a capital stay in a Capitol Hill hotel
Kimpton George Hotel’s address along the Washington power corridor places guests where many of DC’s VIPs spend their days (and nights). We’re exhilarated by our location, and we’re confident you will be too. You can find us conveniently situated one block from Union Station, two blocks from the north lawn of the Capitol, and within short walking distance of the Russell Senate Office Building, Hart Senate Office Building, Rayburn House Office Building, and the US Supreme Court — meaning the dynamic Capitol Hill neighborhood sits within easy reach.
Bustling with distinguished policymakers and young, suited interns hoping to make a name for themselves, an air of importance buzzes around the buttoned-up venues and captivating buildings that are home to the country’s top decision-makers. Get to know this distinctive neighborhood by wandering its charming brick sidewalks lined with historic row houses, exploring the bustling stalls of Eastern Market, touring its hallowed halls, and sipping cocktails next to high-powered politicos.
While in Capitol Hill, consider adding the following to your to-do list:
- Grab a bite or drink in restaurants and bars that range from long-established staples to cutting-edge newbies. For starters, check out: Rose’s Luxury, Ted’s Bulletin, Ambar, Acqua Al 2, Bistro Bis, Charlie Palmer Steak, Ethiopic, and The Monocle.
- Get lost in the reading room of the Library of Congress, or explore the shelves of nearby second-hand bookstores.
- Catch a performance at the Folger Shakespeare Library.
- Wander Union Station, a stunning Beaux-Arts building with a storied history and thriving shopping and dining scene (also a transportation hub for Metro, Amtrak, VRE, and MARC trains).
- At the US Capitol, arrange a tour in advance to explore underground passages, artifacts, and voting chambers.
- Explore Eastern Market’s food shops, galleries, and stores, and — on the weekend — savor the flavors of its popular flea market, craft bazaar, and food stalls.
- Hear live music along NOMA’s happening H Street Corridor.
- Wander the urban campus of Georgetown Law.
- Sample and buy goods created by local chefs, mixologists, and artists at bustling Union Market.